LET US DO THE WORK FOR YOU.
Moving is a process and takes time, energy, and organization — turn to no other than your local Portsmouth movers!
We have covered extensively the many different parts of moving, from how to pack wine to moving with a disability. Moving is burdensome and tops the list in events that can lead to a divorce, so we have decided to compose the ultimate list of moving and packing hacks to guide you in your next move!
At Harrison Moving, we are the movers in Portsmouth to call for your moving needs — from short residential moves to long-distance moving — we do it all! Join us in today’s post for the best moving hacks.
Purge, always purge!
This is pretty much a no-brainer, but downsizing before you actually have to pack up and move is highly recommended. Be sure to organize a “donate” and “pitch” area or room, and don’t forget to schedule a pick-up for your donation items.
- Use plastic wrap and wrap your silverware container — this avoids spilling or damaging your cutlery.
- Cut triangle-shaped holes in your moving boxes for instant handles.
- Use rubber bands to secure lids on pots and pans.
- Store jewelry in egg cartons to prevent knots and tangles.
- Store your knives in oven-mitts to prevent accidents and damage during moving.
- Use laundry baskets, suitcases, and trash cans for an alternative to boxes.
- Use colored masking tape to better organize the contents in a box. For example, use green tape for all of the kitchen contents.
- Get free boxes from grocery and liquor stores.
- Put together a packing container complete with tape, tools, zip ties, and other crucial moving pieces.
- Pack decorative items first.
- Pack up heavy items into smaller boxes such as books and records.
- Take a picture of your electronic hook-ups before you disconnect them for the move.
- There is much more to cover, so stay tuned for part two!
For the best moving experience in Portsmouth, partner with Harrison’s by Apple Moving today!
Guide To The Best Portsmouth Neighborhoods Portsmouth, VA, a picturesque historic seaport town, is part of the Hampton Roads metropolitan area with a population just under 100,000 residents. Portsmouth is a perfect combination of small town feel with the benefits of easy access to larger urban metro areas nearby. Use this helpful guide to find…
Guide To The Best Chesapeake Neighborhoods Chesapeake, VA is the state’s second-most populous city with just under 250,000 residents. Comprising large swaths of rural and natural areas as well as several small, yet bustling, urban centers, there is something for even the most discerning homebuyer (or renter) in Chesapeake! Use this helpful guide to find…
Moving Community Resources For Chesapeake, VA Chesapeake, Virginia is situated on the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway. Just minutes away from the Virginia Beach waterfront and downtown Norfolk, Chesapeake has so much to offer! Here is a list of community resources to help you with your move to or from Chesapeake, VA. Moving Resources In Chesapeake These…