LET US DO THE WORK FOR YOU.
Moving Checklist for Chesapeake, VA
A well-planned move is a happy and exciting time. Staying organized can help you have a great moving experience. This moving checklist will help you get organized and stay on-track for a smooth and successful move to or from Chesapeake, Virginia.
Choosing Where To Live In Chesapeake, Virgina
Here is a list of steps to assist you in determining where to search for your new home in Chesapeake.
- Use this Cost of Living Calculator for the Chesapeake, VA, area to determine which neighborhoods fit your budget.
- Compare neighborhoods in Chesapeake to find the best fit for you.
- Here are the Chesapeake Public Schools.
- Select a real estate agent if you want to purchase a home.
- If you want to rent an apartment, condo, or townhome there are plenty of rental communities to choose from in Chesapeake; you are sure to find one that’s a perfect fit for you.
- If you need a short-term place to stay during your move, here are your local hotel and AirBnB options.
Hire Movers And Prepare For Your Move
- Declutter your home, so that you do not waste time and resources moving items that you do not need or want.
- Hire an experienced and reputable moving company to help you move. At Harrison’s Moving in Chesapeake, VA, we can help you with every step of your move:
- Boxes and packing materials
- Organizing and packing services
- Unloading and unpacking services
- Here is a list of Chesapeake self-storage locations if you will need extra storage space.
- Set aside the items that will travel with you.
- Gather (or electronically transfer) important records from doctors, schools, and veterinarians.
After You Move To Chesapeake
- Update your address with the USPS.
- Have your Chesapeake utilities turned on:
- Update your property (owner or renter) insurance for your new home.
- Inform financial institutions (loans, credit cards, ect) of your new address.
- Inform other insurance companies (life, health, auto, etc) of your new address.
- Get your Virginia ID and car vehicle license plates at the Chesapeake DMV.
- Register to vote in Chesapeake.
To ease the stress of moving, hire Harrison’s to move you to or from Chesapeake, Virginia. Let us do the heavy lifting while you relax and get to know all that your new home and neighborhood has to offer!
Renting a storage unit is a great idea if you need some extra space for your belongings during a move, or throughout the year. Safely store your belongings as you get settled into your new home or during a home renovation. Find that extra bit of space you need for seasonal items and decorations. Hold…
Guide To The Best Portsmouth Neighborhoods Portsmouth, VA, a picturesque historic seaport town, is part of the Hampton Roads metropolitan area with a population just under 100,000 residents. Portsmouth is a perfect combination of small town feel with the benefits of easy access to larger urban metro areas nearby. Use this helpful guide to find…
Guide To The Best Chesapeake Neighborhoods Chesapeake, VA is the state’s second-most populous city with just under 250,000 residents. Comprising large swaths of rural and natural areas as well as several small, yet bustling, urban centers, there is something for even the most discerning homebuyer (or renter) in Chesapeake! Use this helpful guide to find…