LET US DO THE WORK FOR YOU.
Timeline Tips from Our Movers
When it comes to moving, it’s of the utmost importance that you get, and stay organized. Getting your house and your family ready to move takes a lot of phone calls, planning and organizing, so our moving company came up with a timeline for you to follow for getting ready to move.
Your Interstate Moving Timeline
Depending upon the type of move you are making, you should make your timeline specific to that type of move. For this blog, we are going to talk about an interstate move that you can plan for.
- One Year – At one year you should know the precise date that you are going to move. You should begin to get quotes from movers, storage, and moving truck companies. Compare the rates to each other, and plan to make another phone call within the next month.
- Nine Months – At this point you should have chosen which moving company you’re going to work with, and you should have your moving truck booked. This will secure a truck for you, so you don’t have to scramble for one when it gets closer to your moving date.
- Six Months – Start downsizing. Going through your belongings and beridding of some of them will help to make your move easier when it gets close to the date. Get rid of clothes you don’t wear anymore, toys and tools you no longer use, and many other items that just add to the clutter.
- Three Months – Have a garage sale. Any items that you have gathered that you don’t want anymore should be sold off and donated at your garage sale. Doing this within three months of moving is a lot less stressful than waiting till the last minute.
- One Month – Most of the items in your house should be ready to go out the door and into the moving truck. Obviously there are essential items that you still need to use everyday, but most things can be packed away. At this point, you can start to deep clean your home for the next family that moves in.
Moving can be an exciting time for change, and relief. Getting rid of things can be therapeutic, and planning ahead in every aspect of your move will help to give you peace of mind. When everything is set up for success, you can enjoy this exciting change, instead of lose sleep over it. When you’re looking for a moving company to get you from state to state, look to Harrison Moving for your interstate moving needs.
An Accurate Moving Quote From Our Consultants
1010 Cavalier Blvd.
Chesapeake, VA 23323
What To Look For When Searching For A Storage Unit In Chesapeake, VA
Renting a storage unit is a great idea if you need some extra space for your belongings during a move, or throughout the year. Safely store your belongings as you get settled into your new home or during a home renovation. Find that extra bit of space you need for seasonal items and decorations. Hold…
Guide To The Best Portsmouth Neighborhoods
Guide To The Best Portsmouth Neighborhoods Portsmouth, VA, a picturesque historic seaport town, is part of the Hampton Roads metropolitan area with a population just under 100,000 residents. Portsmouth is a perfect combination of small town feel with the benefits of easy access to larger urban metro areas nearby. Use this helpful guide to find…
Guide To The Best Chesapeake Neighborhoods
Guide To The Best Chesapeake Neighborhoods Chesapeake, VA is the state’s second-most populous city with just under 250,000 residents. Comprising large swaths of rural and natural areas as well as several small, yet bustling, urban centers, there is something for even the most discerning homebuyer (or renter) in Chesapeake! Use this helpful guide to find…