LET US DO THE WORK FOR YOU.
Timeline Tips from Our Movers
When it comes to moving, it’s of the utmost importance that you get, and stay organized. Getting your house and your family ready to move takes a lot of phone calls, planning and organizing, so our moving company came up with a timeline for you to follow for getting ready to move.
Your Interstate Moving Timeline
Depending upon the type of move you are making, you should make your timeline specific to that type of move. For this blog, we are going to talk about an interstate move that you can plan for.
- One Year – At one year you should know the precise date that you are going to move. You should begin to get quotes from movers, storage, and moving truck companies. Compare the rates to each other, and plan to make another phone call within the next month.
- Nine Months – At this point you should have chosen which moving company you’re going to work with, and you should have your moving truck booked. This will secure a truck for you, so you don’t have to scramble for one when it gets closer to your moving date.
- Six Months – Start downsizing. Going through your belongings and beridding of some of them will help to make your move easier when it gets close to the date. Get rid of clothes you don’t wear anymore, toys and tools you no longer use, and many other items that just add to the clutter.
- Three Months – Have a garage sale. Any items that you have gathered that you don’t want anymore should be sold off and donated at your garage sale. Doing this within three months of moving is a lot less stressful than waiting till the last minute.
- One Month – Most of the items in your house should be ready to go out the door and into the moving truck. Obviously there are essential items that you still need to use everyday, but most things can be packed away. At this point, you can start to deep clean your home for the next family that moves in.
Moving can be an exciting time for change, and relief. Getting rid of things can be therapeutic, and planning ahead in every aspect of your move will help to give you peace of mind. When everything is set up for success, you can enjoy this exciting change, instead of lose sleep over it. When you’re looking for a moving company to get you from state to state, look to Harrison Moving for your interstate moving needs.
Moving is stressful enough and to do it with young kids can be a real opportunity to lose your mind, or keep your sanity! Nothing brings families together quite like stressful situations such as moving. And whether your family is moving down the block or across the country, moving can be an incredibly trying time…
Moving is stressful enough and towards the end, you’re just over it. Get the best tips to unpacking and finishing your move strong! There are many guides to a successful move — *ahem* moving is our business specialty — yet when it comes to an equally stressful task of unpacking, there’s not much out there!…
The holidays are stressful to begin with, so if you’ve added a Portsmouth move into the mix, stay sane and follow these stress-busting tips. Most have been through the moving process before, so you’ve heard all about how to properly pack, how to create the ultimate moving checklist and timeline, and how to plan for…