LET US DO THE WORK FOR YOU.
Moving is a process and takes time, energy, and organization — turn to no other than your local Portsmouth movers!
We have covered extensively the many different parts of moving, from how to pack wine to moving with a disability. Moving is burdensome and tops the list in events that can lead to a divorce, so we have decided to compose the ultimate list of moving and packing hacks to guide you in your next move!
At Harrison Moving, we are the movers in Portsmouth to call for your moving needs — from short residential moves to long-distance moving — we do it all! Join us in today’s post for the best moving hacks.
Purge, always purge!
This is pretty much a no-brainer, but downsizing before you actually have to pack up and move is highly recommended. Be sure to organize a “donate” and “pitch” area or room, and don’t forget to schedule a pick-up for your donation items.
- Use plastic wrap and wrap your silverware container — this avoids spilling or damaging your cutlery.
- Cut triangle-shaped holes in your moving boxes for instant handles.
- Use rubber bands to secure lids on pots and pans.
- Store jewelry in egg cartons to prevent knots and tangles.
- Store your knives in oven-mitts to prevent accidents and damage during moving.
- Use laundry baskets, suitcases, and trash cans for an alternative to boxes.
- Use colored masking tape to better organize the contents in a box. For example, use green tape for all of the kitchen contents.
- Get free boxes from grocery and liquor stores.
- Put together a packing container complete with tape, tools, zip ties, and other crucial moving pieces.
- Pack decorative items first.
- Pack up heavy items into smaller boxes such as books and records.
- Take a picture of your electronic hook-ups before you disconnect them for the move.
- There is much more to cover, so stay tuned for part two!
For the best moving experience in Portsmouth, partner with us today!
Moving is stressful enough and to do it with young kids can be a real opportunity to lose your mind, or keep your sanity! Nothing brings families together quite like stressful situations such as moving. And whether your family is moving down the block or across the country, moving can be an incredibly trying time…
Moving is stressful enough and towards the end, you’re just over it. Get the best tips to unpacking and finishing your move strong! There are many guides to a successful move — *ahem* moving is our business specialty — yet when it comes to an equally stressful task of unpacking, there’s not much out there!…
The holidays are stressful to begin with, so if you’ve added a Portsmouth move into the mix, stay sane and follow these stress-busting tips. Most have been through the moving process before, so you’ve heard all about how to properly pack, how to create the ultimate moving checklist and timeline, and how to plan for…